Ultra Street Fighter 4

Moderator: Beasts

• Follow StandingFierce
  • Welcome to Standing Fierce Dot Com
  • Please sign up to get the most out of the forum! If you're having problems resetting your password, email me from the about page. - Hook

Oh... that's weird, so now the player in a defensive position is being recognised before the offensive player's attack connects. It sort of makes sense.... explains why the unblockables are happening and probably one of the reasons why changing the hurt/hitboxes of characters is not a definite fix for getting rid of unblockables since someone will eventually work out a setup.

Red Focusing, Ryu's cr.mk into ex fireball was so sad to see.

Gief still looks good, light green hand is that fast now? Wow.

Well that sounds interesting. Sounds better than adjusting every single character's hitboxes so the current known setups don't work.

Still, I thought all it needs is a simple fix to the hitboxes for when a character wakes up. The only reason unblockables work in their current state is because for whatever reason, holding forward on wakeup moves your hitbox backwards (so the move hits in the front) and holding back moves your hitbox forward (so it hits crossup).
Surely they can just you know make that not happen.

makoto

the only change that interest me is that now her ex fukiage can hit grounded players. watched that stream posted a few post back and her ability to jump cancel a ex fuki on block will definitely be taken out

Whoaaa, you mean like what's in this vid below in the 2:10 mark?

That would be crazy if they left it in, especially since you could either use it to escape or start a mixup.

DSilv3R wrote:Whoaaa, you mean like what's in this vid below in the 2:10 mark?

That would be crazy if they left it in, especially since you could either use it to escape or start a mixup.

yeah hard i knew they would fix that up, cause that wouldve been too crazy, too good imo. so ex fuki jump cancel only on hit not block now.

so now with the ex fuki hitting grounded opponents, i can do all my corner combos/resets anywhere on the screen :D

Match vids have been uploaded on Capcoms youtube account.
http://www.youtube.com/user/CapcomFightersTV/videos

Hugo is massive...

Elena seems crazy with her high/low mixups.

Poison... not too sure atm bout her.

Rolento looks like a good character with them hop mixups and decent footsie tools.

Poison looks like she has a HUGE amount of keep away tools, she's strange. Watching Gooteks playing her he manages to put on a lot of mid range pressure almost the same distance as Fei. But that could just be zoning.

Either way .. poison :blush:

not gonna teach you anything but its worth a watch :)

DSilv3R wrote:Hugo is massive...

Why is everyone saying this like SFxTekken never happened?

Lol, that's the truth, I'll admit, I kinda forgot he's even in that game since nobody uses him.

@break1ngpo1nt - Gino posted the same clip a page back.

@Rogotin - Yeah, Poison has a weird set of moves, she has rekkas and booms... slow too, by the looks of em.

It sucks that all we have is footage of these characters and won't actually have a feel of each of these new characters (and our own mains) till it's released next year.

Online training mode will be great.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/dec/14/5th-ultra-street-fighter-4-character-female-says-ono-final-fighter-not-retsu/

5th Ultra Street Fighter 4 character is female, says Ono - final fighter is not Retsu

DreamKing23
Posted by DreamKing23
December 14, 2013 at 5:45 p.m. PST

5th Ultra Street Fighter 4 character is female, says Ono - final fighter is not Retsu During the Capcom Cup stream, Capcom's own Yoshinori Ono jumped on staged to deliver a message to everyone viewing. Speaking as an introduction to the Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 portion of the event, Ono made sure to thank all of the players, sponsors, viewers, and attendees.

Although we did not find out who the 5th Ultra Street Fighter 4 character is, Ono, in classic fashion, dropped a couple of hints.

The Capcom representative put a few suspicions to rest by stating that this mystery fighter is not Marvel vs. Capcom 3's Haggar, not Street Fighter Alpha 3's R. Mika, and not Street Fighter 1's Retsu.

Ono did confirm, however, that the final addition to the Ultra Street Fighter 4 roster will be a female. This was the only bit of information given to the public, but now that we know the gender, who do you think the last USF4 character will be?

-------------

A girl character who's never been in street fighter before; that would fit the part really well. And if the final fight theme is anything to go by ..

http://cantran.hubpages.com/hub/History ... al-Fight-3

Seems to be the most common census; it seems pretty likely.

DSilv3R wrote: Online training mode will be great.

Would like to know if we'll be able to accept ranked/player fight requests during 1P training though.

Capcom Cup change list.

http://shoryuken.com/2013/12/28/ultra-s ... ange-list/

---

Vega got all the changes I thought he needed to be a good character; and even managed to dodge the nerf bat on his higher priority moves.

Personally though; as much as I love the idea of poison. I think DeeJay is going to be a serious force to be reconned with....

That crossed out line means balrogs dash straight is back to being punishable?

:/

The crossed out line means I don't have to drop Sakura yay. Akuma got some cool changes though, I just think he's going to be quite a bit weaker in general.

This is probably old news all ready, whatever, Capcom has also announced that in Ultra, you'll now be able to upload your matches straight to Youtube.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dawgtanian/blog/2014/01/24/ultra-street-fighter-iv-upload-online-matches-directly-to-youtube

David Hinds - Capcom Community Manager wrote:Hey everyone, David Hinds here with some new information regarding one of the new features going into Ultra Street Fighter IV!

Have you ever played a momentous match online and wished you had the ability to share it for the whole world to see? Well soon you’ll be able to do exactly that, using our direct upload to YouTube feature in Ultra Street Fighter IV!

You’ll be able to select any match from your battle log of online matches, and choose whether to upload it in low or high quality, directly to your own YouTube channel! Whether it’s the best comeback since Daigo VS Justin Wong, or perhaps you had an encounter with a pro-player you want to share, this feature is great for those who are yet to own a direct capture device, and want to show off their favorite Ultra Street Fighter IV moments!

This is just another great feature we’re adding to Ultra Street Fighter IV, and we’re not done yet… I’ll be looking forward to seeing all your uploads come June time!

Now if they just log offline matches in a battle-log, we can all be happy.
Pretty awesome though anyway.

btw mason you have to drop sakura again. -1 :D